For best use of this application,
use Internet Explorer 10.0, 11.0, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
At this time the Online Temporary Permit Application is not
compatible with smart phones or tablets. Use of these devices may
result in an error and failure to issue a permit after payment is
1. You must have an active email account and Adobe
Acrobat Reader to display and print your permit.
2. You must have a valid credit card. VISA, MasterCard, American
Express, or Discover cards are acceptable for the purchase of
online temporary permits.
A non refundable Processing and Handling Fee is assessed per
3. You must carry at least the minimum amount
of liability insurance required by Texas law. You must enter your
insurance information as part of the online temporary permit
4. A temporary permit may not be issued to
any vehicle that has been issued a salvage or nonrepairable
certificate of title.
5. A temporary permit may not be issued to
any vehicle that has been apprehended.
6. No refunds will be issued after the online
purchase of a temporary permit.
7. There will be a limit of 25 permits per shopping cart.
I meet the eligibility requirements
necessary to purchase an online temporary permit. State law makes falsifying information on
this application a third-degree felony.