For the best use of this
application, use Internet Explorer 10.0 or 11.0, Mozilla Firefox, or
Google Chrome. Currently, the Online Temporary Permit Application is
not compatible with smartphones or tablets. The use of these devices
may result in an error and failure to issue a permit after payment
1. You must have an active email account and Adobe
Acrobat Reader to view and print your permit.
2. You must have a valid credit card. VISA, MasterCard, American
Express, or Discover cards are accepted for the purchase of online
A non-refundable Processing and Handling Fee is assessed per
3. A USDOT number is required to obtain
either a 72-Hour Permit or 144-Hour Permit. You must enter your
USDOT number to complete the application.
4. You must carry at least the minimum amount
of liability insurance required by Texas law. You must enter your
insurance information to complete the application.
5. A temporary permit may not be issued to
any vehicle that is salvage or nonrepairable.
6. A temporary permit may not be issued to
any vehicle that has been apprehended.
7. No refunds will be issued after the online
purchase of a temporary permit.
8. There will be a limit of 25 permits per
I meet the eligibility requirements
necessary to purchase an online temporary permit. State law makes falsifying information on
this application a third-degree felony.